Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely Terrible Connection

Hello

I am in the Sale M33 area on Belmont road and my household's internet is getting worse and worse. The account holder has a 60Mbps contract but we would be lucky to get 1-10Mps which is pitiful.

Checking speeds on my computer using a LAN cable its show the above speed and also 170ms jitter on the line. So using video/voice calling, uploading files and other online applications is just unbearable now. Its been pretty bad since the first lockdown but now the second one has it the internet is pretty much pointless due to its speed we have and that isn't going to work when there is 5 in the house that uses it. Virgin Media did send over the newest HUB box along time ago but that's done nothing to help. They even sent CAT6 cables but they were puny in length, we needed like 2 and 5-metre cables, not 1.

We are paying for 60Mbps but only get 1-10...., we need a technician to come to our area or something to fix this.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolutely Terrible Connection

their is no 60M tier by VM any more.

boot the hub in modem mode with a clean PC and see how the connection is.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have had the contract for a very long time, we got it back when 60Mbps was on offer, not that we really ever got that amount that often.

Getting a Router to plug into the Hub if I turn Modern mode on isn't an option for us mainly space-wise.

Like for the past two hours, it finally went back up to about 20-40Mbps then shot straight down as of the time of this reply with now the ping being a 210.

Its the line that is bad not the router as we have had 3 different routers and is always been like this but to a much manageable degree but now this is just getting stupid. As in we would get a low speed but enough that we can still do are stuff but now it's so low we are struggling to load things up on the TV box and on our computers/phones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wayfal,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details- the hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

Can you confirm if the device you're using has a Gigabit NIC (Network Interface Card) ?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos