Menu
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 1 of 67
Flag for a moderator

AL5: no light at the end of the tunnel.

So VM first told me the works to fix speed issues would be completed by June 3rd (2020 I presume), and when on 4th nothing had changed, I was told June 24th (still 2020 I guess).

And  the only things they can tell me on the phone is "reboot, reboot, reboot", or "reset, reset, reset", which as everybody could imagine does not fix *anything*.

Is this the only thing VM can suggest?

The service status is useless: Broadband

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: AL5: no light at the end of the tunnel.

Dates are estimated fix date only 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 3 of 67
Flag for a moderator

When I get the next bill, I will tell the same.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Tell what the same?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
KN2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 67
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Aah it's not just me then! I'm in the same situation and the same area.

I was told exactly the same dates as you, I've just spent an hour on the phone with Virgin who gave me the new date of 24th June after being told originally back in April 3rd June. They don't even confirm the fault affects upload speeds, they're pretty vague on what this fault actually is.

Upload speed was useless today, as low as 0.5 Mbps. It makes video calls and screen sharing very difficult. Download has been perfect, 110Mbps consistently.

So it's not our equipment. I too have followed the reboot, reset etc advice. No need to do this anymore I think particularly as you can see now you're not the only one.

I'm in mid-contract unfortunately, early exit fee is about £20 for every month that's left on the contract. Looks like the current ofcom rules about leaving early with no fee if your speed falls short of expectations only applies to download speeds.

I noticed this week BT are offering full fibre now, as high as 910Mbps down / 110Mbps up. It's quite tempting to switch even with the exit fee.

Do Virgin staff monitor this forum or is it just a place to have a moan?

Alan79
Tuning in
Message 6 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I am also in AL5 and was also told the same thing (fixed by the 3rd of June); yet when I phoned them yesterday, they insisted the issue has been resolved when it clearly hasn't; it's a congestion issue by all accounts and it sounds like they're just waiting on everyone to go back to the office.

@ Gary_Dexter: An estimated fix or not, it's a rubbish estimate and typical of them to just fob their customers off for 3 weeks at a time so they don't get called and it's not good enough.

VM are great when things work, but terrible when you need to deal with them.

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 7 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Whatever the fee, I think the BT offer looks more and more promising.

20£ a month? I used to pay the same every day to commute, so we are talking about peanuts.

I just need to be sure they give me FTTP and not the copper cable.

Their website says so, but I have not seen them opening my street yet so I am not 100% sure (But they have worked nearby).

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 67
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi audetto74,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your connection in your area.

I have had a look at things our end and I can see there is a utilization issue in the are under ticket number F007997382 , the estimated fix time is 24/06/20 at 17:30, please note all time are estimated and may change.

The upgrades need to resolve this can take longer than expected this can be due to awaiting permissions from the local council to carry out needed work.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 9 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Paul, and to the other Forum Teams who have replied in the last 2 months.

I clearly prefer to stay with VM, rather than the aggro of changing, but if my needs and VM offer are incompatible, I will have to go, nothing personal.

Another thing: I appreciate that at times we (users) might be responsible for the issues, but if the only thing the tech support can say is "reboot, reset", I really fail to see what purpose they serve. If you could pass this message to your hierarchy, it would be great.

Regards

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Hi audetto74,

Thank you for coming back to me, I will get this fed for you .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos