Menu
andy_smith_
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

5mbps download speed on a 500mbps package

For the past two weeks my download speed has been at 5mbps on a 500mbps line (slow speed is present both wired and wireless). 

This is not typical as I have always had a perfect full speed connection for many years.

We have had an engineer visit who can't find fault on the equipment at property, and says its a network issue - but this hasnt been reflected in the service status on the virgin website for my postcode / area. 

My question for the forum is how can I engage Virgin to investigate and fix? Telephone support is useless, no way to escalate or track the issue, every call to virgin results in starting from scratch.

ICMP Graph from THINKBROADBAND - which I'm reading as congested network (dropped packets and consistent high latency)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b355aeb0acb38e5027ddd49f660c259e1c379856

Any / all advice appreciated... 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5mbps download speed on a 500mbps package

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos