Menu
Jonnyorme1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

5mb/s download on 200mb/s contract

Really struggling with wifi, ethernet is absolutely  fine running 185+, but every device that runs wifi is running at less than 5mb/s constantly, it never improves. I have tried all the usual stuff, restarting hub, moving it to different location, checking wires etc and nothing makes any difference

As per the suggestion, I have included screenshots of the router status, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as working from home is difficult when you have to make call through wifi (3 cell tower has been down for 12 months also so cant ring using normal phone signal!) 

Screenshot_20210419-204035_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-204042_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-204032_Chrome.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5mb/s download on 200mb/s contract

best way to get better wifi is not to use the hun for wifi 🙂
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What is the device connection speed when you use Wi-Fi ?  eg

connected devices.jpg

0 Kudos
Jonnyorme1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210420-113830_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonnyorme1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with the WiFi connection. 

It looks as though there are some issues with your signal levels as well as the power levels so we will need to get an engineer out to check on things for you. Once these issues are sorted, we can then take a look at the WiFi side of things for you if you are still having an issue. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jonnyorme1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Haha thank you! The email to say you had replied went to my spam folder, engineer has just turned up and we were very confused as to how he knew so I thought I would pop on here and check! Thank you!! 🙂 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well it may have been a surprise but hopefully a welcome one 🙂 I'm also hoping he was your knight in shining armour and managed to get everything sorted? 

Please let us know how the appointment went and if you would like to leave any feedback for the engineer then type away. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jonnyorme1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

He absolutely was our Knight in shining armour!!!! He did a fab job, took less than 5 minutes, he was very respectful of us and the house, even took his shoes off before going into front room bless him ❤️  definitely a 5 star visit, if you can find out who his manager is and pass on my thanks I'd be very grateful! Thank you for getting us sorted so quickly 🙂 xxx 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Jonnyorme1

Thanks for letting us know what great service you had from our technician.

I have sent your post over to the technicians manager and have raised a recognition message onto his profile page, saying what a great job 🙂

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos