Menu
Shod
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

5Mbit on a 350Mbit line

For the last couple of days I've been getting 5Mbps download speed on a 350Mbps line. Rebooted hub and router and it's made no difference.

There seems to be a large amount of similar complaints on the forum so I'm not convinced that it's anything to do with my setup, and it's a problem on Virgin's end. The 5Mbps I'm getting is rock solid so does that point to me being throttled for some reason?

Tried running the test in my account page but it just tells me to reboot the hub every time, then after the third attempt I'm told that I can only get 3 tests a day.

Must say I've only been with Virgin a couple of weeks and it hasn't been a great experience at all. Last week I had a dropping connection every half hour or so, and now I've got barely any download speed.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5Mbit on a 350Mbit line

Is this wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Shod
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wired
0 Kudos
Shod
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting 180 now, so it's better but still roughly half of what I have when it's working normally.

I haven't changed anything on my end so it must be a fault with the network. I just wish they'd keep their service status page updated so I know that, instead of me wasting hours troubleshooting something that I have no control over.

0 Kudos