forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Lconnerton
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

512mb/s package but I’m running at 500kb... utter joke

I’m on the 512 megabytes per second package and I’m literally running at 500kbps... literally 1000th of the advertised speed. I’ve done all trouble shooting steps and if anything it’s made my internet even worse. im one room away from the router. Getting absolutely mugged off, wouldn’t recommend this internet to anybody. Any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 512mb/s package but I’m running at 500kb... utter joke

I assume you mean 500Mbps.

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . Don't log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs?

At least we can check the stats to rule out an issue with the line.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you carry out a couple of speed tests at speedtest.net using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected.

Ensure that the Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers are up to date.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Lconnerton
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve done that and the speed test says 192mbs download with a 23mbs upload and 29 ping. I’m doing an update on my Xbox as we speak and it’s literally updating at 314kbs. I’m the only person in the house and the Xbox is the only device connected 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to do a proper speed test at speedtest.net to get an accurate speed.

A PlayStation download is not an accurate test.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos