500mbps but I'm only getting around 50mbps

Dcfc1234
Joining in

So I have the 500mbps but I'm only getting around 50mbps

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

mikelkite
On our wavelength

You are not alone, many people are complaining the down is completely screwed up. The up speed seems to be fine but anything down is only hitting 94mb or less. It has clearly been an issue since March but they have not resolved it. 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dcfc1234

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced impacting the speeds, we can understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

From looking at your connection and equipment in regards to speeds we can see there were some problems 5 days ago with the average download speed available at the Hub being around 218mbps but in the last few days that has increased to an average of 540mbps. These would be what is potentially available over a wired connection.

We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

Rob

Hello mikelkite

We're sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues with your broadband and speeds, are these over a wired or wireless connection? If wireless we'd ask you to follow the steps advised in the previous post to see if these help resolve the issue.

Rob