Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

500mb only hitting 40mb ??

hi,just got this activated tonight with my quickstart pack,ive moved from 200mb to 500mb got the hub 3 router to replace the hub 2 and ive done at least 10 speedtests and im only getting 40mb ? upload speed is 37mb so that seems ok,its in router mode as i use my tplink archer c9 for wifi,ive done the straight line from hub 3 to my comp and still no change its 40mb 

any ideas what this is folks 

the hub light is solid red never changed since its been on 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mb only hitting 40mb ??

Are you in Router Mode or Modem Mode ?

If in Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi,thanks for the advice i will unplug and contact virgin media asap 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At least you are getting 40mb, sorry to bounce on your bubble, but I am only getting 9.7mb and paying for 100mb figure that one out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I can beat that because I’ve now unplugged it and my hub 2 has obviously been disconnected so all I have now is a hotspot to my iPad from my android phone ! Will phone them in the morning and hopefully they can reconnect the hub 2 till I receive a replacement hub 3 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gritts,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you were able to arrange an engineer visit for this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos