Menu
jmckirgan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

500mb line and speed at around 40mb. I have the booster set up as well

Can anyone help as 41mb on a 500mb connection is rather low!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mb line and speed at around 40mb. I have the booster set up as well

Hello
Thank for joining in on the forum, we will try the best to get your issue resolved.

How are you doing the speedtest is it either wired or wireless, wired is always the best option as wireless can be affected by many different things.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mb line and speed at around 40mb. I have the booster set up as well

Hello jmckirgan

I know its only been a day and you may be very busy 

But have you been able to get the network stats yet 

Gareth_L