forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
rotahn
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500MB package but getting speeds of 160 max

umm.. link speed is everything if you want to transfer faster than 100mbit. Not sure i get what you mean by saying it's meaningless. Could you explain so i understand where you are coming from.

i had issues with the VM hub not negotiating 1000gbit with my AC88U. they negotiated at 10/100 (100mbit), so my transfer speeds were being limited due to this error of negotiation between the 2 bits of hardware. Known good CAT 6 cable, it had also been working fine for almost 2 years before i had to do a factory reset of the VM hub - just saying it wasn't a cable issue.

resolved with another reboot though.... but still...

TLDR; link speed does actually matter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Ping - virgin
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500MB package but getting speeds of 160 max

@rotahn wrote:

umm.. link speed is everything if you want to transfer faster than 100mbit. Not sure i get what you mean by saying it's meaningless. Could you explain so i understand where you are coming from.

In that you could be connected to your router at 1Gb but your router to hub is 100Mb this is why you need to test directly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos