Menu
edugatei56
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

500 service but only get 200-260?

So the day of install while the installers were there Speedtest.net while standing right next to the Hub3 gave me (and my kid on. PC nearby) a solid 470 speed. Now I’m lucky to get 200-270.

Is this normal? Seem to be paying a lot and not getting 50% of the speed.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500 service but only get 200-260?

No, it's not normal.  On the basis you've previously got faster speeds I'm guessing it isn't a configuration or device issue, and that means the first check is on the broadband connection.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  All we need is the contents of the three titled Downstream, Upstream, Network log, and you'll need to post the data as text, not screenshots.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can look for obvious noise or power problems.  If those draw a blank we can check out other things that might cause this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500 service but only get 200-260?

the first test would be to make sure you are using a wired connection not wifi. if its a wired connection then post the logs
0 Kudos