Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

500 Broadband

Is absolute rubbish.

I get 30-80 Meg max.

Today I've had 2.5 Meg.

Another day I got 0.68 Meg.

I've had 500 Meg about twice in 2 months for 10 minutes each time.

I'm currently renovating so have two phones and a TV connected.

Can't wait for my alarm system and CCTV to be connected.

Have tried the VM scam app that just consistently tells you everything is great.

Total waste of money. I'd cancel but good luck getting through to someone where you can understand what they are saying!

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500 Broadband

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
TheLoony80
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't own a PC, laptop etc. so can't connect via the cable as suggested.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@TheLoony80 wrote:

I don't own a PC, laptop etc. so can't connect via the cable as suggested.

Using the latest Wi-Fi device that you have connected to the 5GHz channel what speeds do you get with the device in line of sight and about 6 feet from the VM Hub ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the Wi-Fi connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you will be very unlikey to get 500 from a wireless connection.
0 Kudos
papa_lazarou
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

500mb and getting crap speeds, well welcome to virgin media LOL. I am in the process of getting refunds for the USELESS 350mb speed that i am getting duped into paying for. Have you called india yet to try and get a refund? Don't bother listening to all the tut these people will get you to do, its all about overcapacity. These cowboys have far to many people paying for a substandard service, the infrastructure just can't cope. What these fools should do is give everyone a free lift to the speed above the one they are paying for, so you can actually get what you are paying for!

Im not sure if you can even talk to someone at the minute, india is probably locked down to some degree, so im asking questions on here if someone can organise my refunds.........

Have you reset your router LOL can we check your connection LOL have you reset your router LOL blah blah, just get yourself a seperate router (if you dont have one already-always helps) But their issue is too many customers and a useless setup that just cant cope. Bring on the refunds

0 Kudos
TheLoony80
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

30s, 40s, 70s, 90s, 250s and on the odd occasions 500s.

The hub is currently a maximum of 2 metres away from me. There is a single skin brick wall and some 18mm floorboard between me and the hub. I don't have a ceiling atm.

Speednet has just given 11.88mb.

Standing in the living in front of the hub about 3ft sway gives 57 MB on speednet

0 Kudos
TheLoony80
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I mean i have on the odd occasion for 500mb so not sure what your saying?

I also don't expect 500mb all the time. Somewhere close would help.

As I said I'm running nothing off it at the moment and it's awful.

I dread to think what it will be like when I'm running my alarm, CCTV, tvs, washing machines, ovens, stats etc from it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i wouldn't expect 500mb at all over wireless and i use business-grade wifi gear
0 Kudos
Hellsbane
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Im on 350M and hard wired via ethernet and still getting those same speeds.

0 Kudos