Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

50% loss of speed suddenly, like its capped.

Normally here in southampton I do not have issues with my connection rates, on my 1gig connection and tested with ookla it has always been around 970 Mbps on the speed of connection and 52 upload which is fantastic. But of late and possibly in last 2 weeks I have seen that no matter where or when I connect for a test with say OOKLA speed test site I get a connection of 470 Mbps. This is almost 50% loss in speed from my contract. It has never ever been this bad down here.

Here are the channel downstream connection frequency and power db's

https://gyazo.com/4a23b1e062b67209a8c49f7b82657030

Here are the locked status's and Rx db connections and RS ererors.

https://gyazo.com/714859578b3b81685b9d0560dde5ef6e

I put them in as tables but the message would not post as it said no more than 20,000 characters per post.. so you have them as screenshots instead.

Here are some service flow info's as well

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

I restarted the router as well left it off for short time and turned on again. If the connection was a little iffy I would of thought I would of got random connection speeds but its always like its pushing to 470 Mbps Maximum.

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% loss of speed suddenly, like its capped.

Wired? Wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wired, I never touch wireless. As stated in my last post not had issues with connection or speeds with the 1gig and hub4. Its just not locking into the 1gig config it seems. Or there is something majorly at fault somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get here: https://samknows.com/realspeed/

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please check your SamKnows enabled device is turned on and connected to the internet.

^^ wth is that, what is wrong with ookla site? doesnt work, i hit refresh and it tries to test the speed u see the hub info and all that but then a page shows with that message.

Edit: ah it seems like some special site regarding router access. Anyhow does not work for virgins hubs i guess. Problem still stands in that case 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It tests the direct speed doing to the hub.

Are you running in modem mode with your own router attached?

0 Kudos