cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

450 mbps download, 0.02 mbps upload. What is going on?

thardy98
Tuning in

Since yesterday night my computer has become unsusable on the internet.

I streamed to a live streaming platform (Twitch), then after I finished I tried to transfer a 25gb file across to Dropbox. Ever since I tried doing that my upload speed has essentially dropped to 0.

I never transferred the file across, I just cancelled it. I uninstalled Dropbox thinking that was the issue but it still persists.

Speed_Test_12am.PNG

I have no idea if it's a PC problem or what. My other computer is currently doing 400 mbps download to 30 mbps upload. Which could signify a PC problem, however i've udpated all drivers, nothing has changed since the issue arised. It's like this one PC is being completely blocked off.

Not sure if anyone could help before I phone Virgin, don't want to look like an idiot if it is a PC problem. But I don't see how it could be.

Thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Final update: Managed to resolve the issue. Turns out MSI Dragon Center decided to install a piece of software called 'cfosspeed.exe', saw that it was running in task manager, googled it and turns out it tries to optimise sending and receiving packets. Uninstalled it and i'm back to around 40 mbps upload.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

thardy98
Tuning in
Update: Swapped out WIFI cards from working computer to broken computer. Nothing has changed still 0.01 mbps. This can't be on my end surely..

Final update: Managed to resolve the issue. Turns out MSI Dragon Center decided to install a piece of software called 'cfosspeed.exe', saw that it was running in task manager, googled it and turns out it tries to optimise sending and receiving packets. Uninstalled it and i'm back to around 40 mbps upload.