Menu
Ignacio333
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

40 Mbps on M100

Hello I have signed for a M100, I believe to receive about 100mbps approximately but instead I am not having at any time more than 40mbps.

It is really slow and obviously they still charging me like a good M100 service.

I have tried to contact them but they not answer.

Somebody can point in the direction of what I have to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 40 Mbps on M100

How are you testing, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable connected device ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Ignacio333
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am using the wi fi close to the router.

The 2.4Ghz band at the laptop and the 5Ghz at the mobile phone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

if you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is very poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They try to guarantee wired speeds, not wi-fi

To get advice and help on the forum we need you to post the

stats from your Hub

to call up your Hub it's http://192.168.0.1/  in router mode or http://192.168.100.1/  in modem mode

Don't log in, look for >Check router Status on the page and click on that

router details.jpg

Copy and paste into a message or messages the contents of the Tabs:-  Downstream, Upstream, Configuration, and Network log

Don't post images as they have to be approved before they show.

0 Kudos
Ignacio333
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi, here is a copy:

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No. Click on the other 4 tabs and post up the Data in there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos