cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

350mb consistently dropping to 90mb

ukdood1
Tuning in

Hi all,

My connection keeps dropping to 90Mb every few days. A complete power cycle of all equipment doesn't fix it either. I work from home sometimes and lately, the VPN keeps dropping out.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

"connection keeps dropping to 90Mb" - sounds just like a network cabled connection de-rating from 1000 to 100Mb/s.

If this is a network cabled connection it could be that the cable has a fault or loose connector & needs to be replaced with a new CAT6A or better cable.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

"connection keeps dropping to 90Mb" - sounds just like a network cabled connection de-rating from 1000 to 100Mb/s.

If this is a network cabled connection it could be that the cable has a fault or loose connector & needs to be replaced with a new CAT6A or better cable.

Many thanks for the response.

I was using a CAT6 cable from the VM hub to the router however, it was a flat type for running under carpets which probably wasn't screened. I have now replaced this cable with a standard screened CAT 6 cable and checked and tightened all connections.

Speeds are now as expected 🙂

Hi ukdood1, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for updating us that you've managed to resolve your slow speeds issue. Please do let us know if there's any updates?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R