Menu
doog79
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

350mb connection been consitantly 80mb since November

Hi, Paying for 350mb connection but it has been running no faster than 80mb for the past 3 months.  Wired connection on CAT6 ethernet cable direct to router. Had no issues up until this point. Lots of router resets and a pin hole reset still not getting the speed I`m paying for.

Posting here as I`ve not got the time to wait for hours on someone from live chat getting back to me, have tried numurous times.

Thanks for your help

DoogieScreen Shot 01-06-21 at 05.02 PM.PNG

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 350mb connection been consitantly 80mb since November

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
doog79
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just ran the Samknows test, I did post a screenshot from speedtest.net in my original post (still says checking image).

Samkows test Up=37.7 Down=64.6 Latency 20.8

Just checked speed connection to the router it`s showing 100mb connection and should be showing 1000mb like it used to.

Going to check ethernet/LAN drivers on my PC see if something is up woth that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That looks like where your problem lies.

Quick check is to swap the cable out for another Cat 5e or better.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
doog79
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried cable swap, checked drivers for 1gb LAN on PC all good.  Still no joy. Only thing connecting via 1000mb on Ethernet is Tivo Box. My Samsung Smart TV and PC still only showing 100mb connection over Ethernet. I even tried swapping ports around on the router.

I hate netwroking issues lol.  I`ll try another pinhole reset tonight after work, can`t do it just now kids doing home school work and wifw working on laptop just now. 

Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
doog79
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved, opened the Gigabyte Network card settings in deveice manager.  Went to advanced tab selected speed and duplex and set to 1gb instead of auto and now have full speed again over ethernet.  I reckon a windows update has mucked this up.

Happy camper now lol

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see you are sorted, I will check mine now, I had a W10 update overnight.