Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

350 mbps Disappointing

A few days ago I renegotiated a new contract and got a good deal, one part was my Internet speed was increased from 200 mbps to 350 mbps, it's turned out to be very dissappointing, previously I was achieving wifi speeds of 219 mbps consistently and a very smooth wifi connection, now after what I thought would be even better Internet speeds and smooth WiFi it's turned into a damp squib, I'm getting intermittent speeds varying from 130 mbps to 205 mbps no where near 350mbps in fact it's much worst than before and a stuttering WiFi connection, I've reset the router loads of times but nothing works, has anyone else experienced this, I'd like to know if you managed to find out what's wrong and if you managed to get the speeds and WiFi you've paid for. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 350 mbps Disappointing

Have you had a new hub ?

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had a Hub3 for a few years, I didn't receive a new Hub with the new contract. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi speeds are not guaranteed and are not what you pay for.

You pay for the speed to be delivered to your hub and then a wired connection speed. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds may not be guaranteed but I'd expect 350mbps to deliver better speeds than 200mbps, like I've wrote earlier I was achieving wifi speed of 219mbps consistently and smooth wifi on my 200mbps Contract, now after upgrading to 350mbps I'm getting reduced wifi speeds and a stuttering, buffering WiFi signal, how can this be right, something has got to be wrong surely. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anything can knock Wi-Fi speeds.

Neighbouring WiFi broadcasts, overlapping or congested channels, a neighbour installing a new router or access point etc etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I live in a detached bungalow and have no problems with any interference from neighbouring networks, the router is in the centre of the bungalow and has been in the same place for 13 years, there has been no major issues with my WiFi signal or speed until this upgrade, the problem lies with the upgrade to 350 mbps which occurred last Wednesday, I've logged into the router and run a test it keeps coming back something is wrong check your connections and run a retest, the connections are secure and the retest comes back with something is wrong please run a retest, as I've stated before the upgrade the speed and WiFi were fine, now I've got less speed and a stuttering buffering WiFi signal. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The speed upgrade can’t diminish wifi performance.

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

0 Kudos