Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

350 mb and Hub 3 problems

Is there a known problem with the Hub 3. In October I upgraded to the 350 Mb service and the new Hub 3, ever since we have had really erratic    service, often speeds lower than 10mb and regularly dropping out altogether. No issues reported in the area and well before overloading due to Covid-19. Hub 2 was much more reliable and the old TV box had its own dedicated service and therefore stable, the new configuration means TV is also dropping out occasionally. I have been called by ADT during the day (pre Covid) when the WiFi drops and disconnects from the alarm so this is not about local area usage. The system does occasionally test up to 280mb plus so is capable. I would be happy with a constant 100mb so not looking to be optimal - just reliable. Boosters already fitted by engineers and tested the line, surely this has to be a Hub problem. Diagnostics run fine but can I do anything further. Are Virgin providing any software fixes or replacements to faulty Hub 3’s?
paying for 350mb and getting 2.5mb is frustrating, kids not being able to do their online school work is now a real problem - any help gratefully recurved. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 350 mb and Hub 3 problems

Hi there I hope I can help you with your problem is it ok to pm you for some info

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

there is a couple of ideas i can suggest for you.

if you have as yet done a pinhole reset on the back of the hub recommandation hold for around 60 seconds this just clear most things on the hub and push any updates the hub is missing.

also if you have any wired connections in the back of the hub remove them for a while and see how everything is goes as it might be a ethernet cable that maybe shorting the hub which will make it disconnect.

if you want to PM your account details and area ref i can run some tests to make sure the signals coming to your equipment is all good

thank you

I am a Virgin Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some kudos.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sent on PM

0 Kudos