Menu
Manuel_garcia
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

350 down to 80

Hey folks. User in the GL51 area here. My connection speed has dropped over the last few days down to an average of 80Mbps instead of the usual 300+.

I have checked cables, rebooted, tried all troubleshooting steps, run the fault checker on the website, checked the box that brings the cables into the house, etc. Still no luck. 

Anybody else having any issues in this area, and any more I can do?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 350 down to 80

start with posting some levels

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

80 is typical of a bad lan cable - if you have been getting 350 the spec of any cable must have been cat5e or better but a break in one of the wires or a bad connection in a plug could reduce the speed to about 80 so if you have not already reseat all lan cables and if that does not help change any/all

Tony
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 350 down to 80

Thank you for the post Manuel_garcia.

We can see there's currently an area fault which may be affecting your services, I'll include the information on this below.

Reference: F008068620

Estimated repair time: 11 JUN 2020 15:00

You may be able to check for updates on this through our service status page, although, if this isn't a wider area fault it may not show here but you can also quote the reference above to any agent for this.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos