cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30mb/s speed on wired

gavint1988
Just joined

Hey Guys,

So I started to go wired than wireless on most of my devices I noticed it when I moved my xbox from wireless to wired that it was only downloading at around 30mb/s wired and wireless I was on 200mb/s wirelessly. 

I thought maybe it was only the xbox but I've since tried the desktop PC, 2 Laptops and the PS5 and have since got the exact same results on these tests on various devices where on wireless the speed is what is advertised and wired is significantly less. 

Any Ideas guys? Ive even tried modem mode and still going the same -- Possible faulty router? 

Gavin. 

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If all devices report the same low speeds, you can rule out wifi adaptor settings, driver issues, device incompatibility etc.  Is this occurring with different ethernet cables, or have you been using the same one?

And have you tried a pinhole reset?  Experience is that sometimes needs a very hard press of the pin (use a small nail or unbent paperclip - biro points often don't get far enough in to trip the switch), and consensus is to count to 30 whilst holding the pin in.  You'll need to use the settings password on the base of the hub after a reset. 

conman33158
Super solver

..........also make sure the Ethernet cable is Cat 5e or better 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gavint1998

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is your broadband performing today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs