Menu
mikesf90
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

300MB speed up and down

We recently upgraded from 100MB to 300MB. While doing a speed test this morning on my playstation which is wired in by an ethernet cable which is right next to the router, I noticed the speed changed a lot. So it could be 300. Then straight away do another speed test and its 180. Then its 250. Then 300. Then 270. Is it normal for it to yo-yo so much. On the 100 it was literally round about there all the time

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 300MB speed up and down

Yes this is normal if your doing Speedtest through the PlayStation. The speeds your getting are the speeds to the PlayStation network and not your true speed.

Try visiting fast.com on your PlayStation browser

0 Kudos
mikesf90
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What would you recommend the best way is to do a speed test? I could do one on my phone but that would be wifi only

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Use a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos