Menu
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

3 days into contract - ping spikes/packet loss/speed fluctuation

Well what can I say... if this carried on surely I am within my right to leave and join a openreach line. Needed high speeds for work which Virgin are known for however did not realise this came with it.

What can I possibly do about this? I can't game or watch anything smoothly as its so jumpy. Honestly so disappointed! Oh and this is with ethernet aswell - wouldn't even want to see what it looks like over WiFi

0 Kudos
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 days into contract - ping spikes/packet loss/speed fluctuation

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@liamstainton wrote:

Not sure why BQM hasn't attached but here it is

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/view/9b12a95687634e580ab9afedd0b28cb2cfc...

404 - Page Not Found

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@liamstainton wrote:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b06038f3c827c92a194d6d79fb8d1d8fb2... 

There we go - sorry about that!

Typical over utilisation.

Phone it in as speeds very low and see what they say.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just got off the phone and been told that there is work being done around me that will be finished on the 11th feb - they are saying that is the cause of the problem however I know now from other research that is is over utilization. Am I better off straight cancelling now due to cooling period or waiting to see if that fixes it?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If my BQM looked like that and I was in my cooling off period I'd be gone. The choice is yours at the end of the day.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Annoyingly looking at different providers now who can do similar speeds and its a installation date of March! 

0 Kudos
liamstainton
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Could anybody check if the fault ref number is showing anything for them? Tried to get an update from Virgin last week about the fix but couldn't get through.

Ref: F008614751

Thanks!

0 Kudos