Menu
EddyHall
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

3/4 speed in BS7

Hi all,

I have been receiving 3/4 of the advertised speed in BS7 for months. There are intermittent dropouts, but the main gripe is the low overall speed (up and down) compared to what is advertised and paid for.

Set-up is that I have Super Hub 2 in modem mode (hence no power levels copied here as they seem unavailable in modem mode) connected to a Ubiquiti Unifi network with various Ethernet and WiFi connections around the house. I have a SamKnows whitebox connected via Ethernet which shows that the speed drop happened in mid January.chart.png

There are clear times of zero service and degraded service, but the #1 issue is that there seems to be a new cap applied to my connection which was not previously there.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Eddy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3/4 speed in BS7

Hi EddyHall,

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your broadband services.

I'm afraid that I haven't been able to locate your account details using your Forum account. I'm just going to confirm some details via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
EddyHall
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

7-day update: Laurie @VM Support has arranged an engineer visit for today. Hopefully going to sort out some power level issues. Unfortunately, the last 7 days since raising the concern have been very bad service. There is still the upper limit cap at 160Mbps (paying for 200) but when things get bad, I have been at almost zero service for about 10% of the time.

SamKnows download trace below:

chart.png

Thanks,

Eddy

0 Kudos
EddyHall
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Update: Lewis (VM Engineer) visited yesterday. After checking everything, he reconfigured the power levels to the middle of the acceptable range, replaced the bent coaxial cable from the isolator to the Super Hub, and replaced the isolator as the housing was broken. Overall I could not be happier with his visit. 10/10.

I think that the fixes that the engineer has made has solved the intermittent dropouts that I was experiencing, probably due to damage in the coaxial cable (don't bend your cables, kids!). Unfortunately the original problem remains - I pay for 200/20 Mbps and I receive 150/15 Mbps.

SamKnows download trace below:

chart.png

Thanks,

Eddy

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @EddyHall,

I can see that an engineer has been to your property recently and resolved the issue.

For the speed guarantee please click here .

As for the upload speed we do not guarantee upload speeds.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but you are within the minimum speed limit.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos