cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250MB Max on M500

smudge41
Joining in

i upgraded to the M500 package and have waited to see if things improve however i get a max of 250MB and 36mb up. right now its dropped down to 160MB and 36Up 

Anyone else having issues with the speeds as it seems pointless for me paying more than the M100 as it never gets delivered to me?

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
By wire?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @smudge41

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing these issues with your speeds! Can I just reiterate @legacy1's question and ask if these speed test have been carried out via a wired connection or on WiFi? 

If on WiFi are you able to perform a wired connected test instead for us? 

Thank you. 

Hi I have done them on both now, that’s improved on the last few days having some dropouts again on Wi-Fi which affects me if I work from home but have bought a mesh router to improve that as my ping into work is crazy 

Hi @smudge41,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm sorry to hear you've had some additional drop outs recently.

Please let us know if the mesh router that you've purchased improves matters at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi yes, the eero pro has resolved all issues, clearly the issue is the VM kit as everyone mentioned over and over on these pages 

for those with the same my speed is now 550mb over Wi-Fi and doesn’t drop and the eero is on Amazon for £50

Hi smudge41, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back and update the thread. 

We're pleased to hear that things are better for you now and that you are getting better WiFi speeds using the third party router. 

We always take on board the feedback given in the posts we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.
If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you

im not sure why it fails on the VM router, I have had no drops for the past week and it’s improved the Wi-Fi around my house entirely.

are the issues the same with the new VM routers as mine is older technology now?