Menu
CKtastic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

24 hours of rubbish broadband

Hi,

I am currently getting unusable download speeds. Apparently there are no issues but if I run a test a get a technical error...

Can't get through to anyone as normal and can't work from home!

Rubbish

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 24 hours of rubbish broadband

I take it you are connecting to your Hub with Wi-Fi ?

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
CKtastic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

This is a wired connection with 1Gbs connection and currently getting 0.5mbs download.

Looking on down detector lots of people are having similar issues but virgin say all is ok. Try to run their tests and get a technical error with no other options.

Tried ringing but went to a queue with no answer after 45 mins

Thanks for replying btw

Rich

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If there is a known area problem VM will not address individual problems in that area until the outside problem is fixed.

Her we have a Catch 22 situation, VM aren't admitting they have a problem possibly because not enough people have informed them but people can't inform them because the VM reporting system is crap.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
CKtastic
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I totally know what you mean! Here goes nothing again on hold!

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@CKtastic wrote:

I totally know what you mean! Here goes nothing again on hold!

Fingers crossed!

While you are on hold send a text with your Post Code and brief description of the problem to the Text service on 07533051809.

CKtastic
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awesome! Thanks Mike I didn't know that service existed!

I was on hold for 10 mins and then got cut off 

0 Kudos