Menu
Motters2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

200meg speeds

Updated to new box upgraded to 200 meg and I’m struggling to get 10meg most of the time. 

it’s dropping in and out at times and impossible to work remotely from home at present 

is everyone having trouble 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200meg speeds

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

eduardobianco
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Been like this for a week. Last time something was done at Virgins end and it helped. 

I do get about 60 but think minimum I should be getting is about 120.

Can I PM you too please? 

0 Kudos
ianfromnotts
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

my 100 connection used to run at 110 download , then it dropped down to 80 today its down to 20/25. Upload is consistent at 10/12. 

My upstream power levels are a bit high, circa 50dBmV but they have always been like this

I am guessing VM is deliberately throttling and slow speeds are probably wide spead but few people checking/reporting.

0 Kudos
AlanERoberts
Just joined
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am barely getting 40mbps and really am getting fed-up of the inconsistent service with Virgin.  Now because of the virus pandemic, it is virtually impossible to get any adequate help but, I notice, the price has remained the same and my bank account is debited very consistently with no issues whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin aren’t throttling speeds.

There are now 4 posters in this one thread - can you start your own threads please?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Motters2020
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott 

still experiencing terrible speeds despite having paid for 200meg speeds 

last 10 tests peak at 10meg and as low as .49meg 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mothers - over a wired connection direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ eduardobianco wrote:

Same here. Been like this for a week. Last time something was done at Virgins end and it helped. 

I do get about 60 but think minimum I should be getting is about 120.

Can I PM you too please? 

Please start your own thread for help with your problem

0 Kudos