Menu
scott_O
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

200mb upgrade but slow speed

I upgraded to the 200mb speed a couple of days ago. The speed was above 200 on that day, but it now won’t go over 90mb down. 

ive rebooted the hub a few times which didn’t help and I’ve also done a service check which says everything is fine. 

anyone any ideas on the issue here? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb upgrade but slow speed

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott_O, 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the speeds, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch. We have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue since you posted?

I've had a look into this and can see that you've spoken to the team who have offered a resolution. 

I hope this means everything is working fine but if you have any concerns do let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
scott_O
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. We managed to sort it when we rang thanks. Apparently the high speed band was disabled on our router somehow so it was just enabled and now works fine. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see. 

Glad it's all sorted now for you though. 

Pop back if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos