Menu
StevenDalby
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

200mb speed = 4 mb

I'm working from home and I know a lot of people are working from home but the last week I'm suffering an average speed of 4mb as well as regular complete loss of service for a few minutes which often disconnects me from work. 

I was expecting a slow down due to the number of people working from home but this seems a bit ridiculous.

0 Kudos
leftsider
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb speed = 4 mb

Not an answer but I have the same

100Mb on my system and I'm achieving between 4 and 5

Interestingly my upload rate is quicker than my download

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wired or Wifi ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
leftsider
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Turned out mine was not the router/service. Plugged straight into router and got 76

still get 6 on WiFi and on power line adapter, so a router reboot will be done later

0 Kudos
leftsider
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just rechecked and I’m getting 40 on WiFi. So it was either clogged during the day or restricted?

0 Kudos
StevenDalby
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried all ways I can think of to connect (powerline, wifi and wired) but it's still the same. I was expecting a reduction in speed but this is extremely poor when paying for 200mb.

I've also tried rebooting the router several times now.

Along with the complete drops of my connection it's making it very hard to work from home. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@StevenDalby wrote:

I've tried all ways I can think of to connect (powerline, wifi and wired) but it's still the same. I was expecting a reduction in speed but this is extremely poor when paying for 200mb.

I've also tried rebooting the router several times now.

Along with the complete drops of my connection it's making it very hard to work from home. 

Sorry Steven - your thread was "hijacked" by another user who got all the attention. 😕

Do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing.  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. 

Then, can you start again and say what speeds you get when you connect a computer/laptop directly into your Hub by Cat5e/6 ethernet cable - with the Hub in modem mode - that should get you ~200mbps - assuming your equipment is ok and configured to get speeds above 100 - is it Gb enabled?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
StevenDalby
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a try
0 Kudos