Menu
pauleley
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200Meg Speeds Slow

Only getting 70 - 90meg download on PC plugged in to the Hub3. Phoned Virgin media and they said yes we can see your slow we will reset the router. sent me a text saying try now, But still the same lol.

Called back and they said we will monitor it for 30 days. Are they having a laugh I wound it looked at NOW not in 30 days.

It was faster on there 100meg.

NOT HAPPY WITH THIS SERVICE.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 200Meg Speeds Slow

90mbps is normally a limit of a10/100 network card.

Is your PC capable of gigabit speeds and is it connected directly to the hub my network cable
0 Kudos
pauleley
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes the PC has a gigibit connection. My hall home has a gigibit network system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could be the ethernet cable. Is it an old cat5 one? If not the b=nere one might have failed - they do sometimes - so try a new Cat5e or 6 new one. Also your card may have dropped down to 100Mb in the settings - take a look and make sure the drivers are up to date.

Also did you have a 100Mbpps service and recently "upgraded". It may not have gone through correctly. Look in the Hub settings for the Configuration data file and see what it reports in the "Downstream Max Data Rate Transfer" box - it will be in Bytes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos