Menu
dimitrious
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

200 GAMER WAS TAKEN OFF BY MISTAKE

hi there i was on the gamer 200 since i came out then a couple of months ago i was told i could upgrade to get the tv and phone for and extra 9 mouth for a year so i throught it was a good deal so went with it then when i looked at my bill and it seemed like the downgraded to to vivd 200 and this is were the problems begin ,i was on the phone to virginmedia for over 2 hours on the phone and say to them about it i got passed to over 4 different people and still not got it fixed they said that once it has been taken off it cant be put back on they said it was human error at there point but now im getting 5 meg download speed rather than 200 meg  now someone from virgin are meant to call me tomorrow about it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Was on 200 gamer

Hi dimitrious,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to a member of our team since posting. Let us know if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dimitrious
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

well they put me on vivid 350 but im getting traffic managed on that why is that its mean to me no traffic managed at all 

0 Kudos
jhuk
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Vivid Gamer was pulled and never should have bene released (I was a tester), they could have at least called it the Torrent or Twitch Streamer Package as it did nothing to help online gaming which is down to lower Pings (like ASDL has over Cable)

Vivid 300/350 has no STM on DL or UL but ALL Tiers do have P2P Traffic Shaping at peak times if needed in certain areas.

0 Kudos
XeonJa
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 GAMER WAS TAKEN OFF BY MISTAKE

The same thing happened to me recently. When I called up virgin media about my bill increasing without any notice they said they didn't know why but can offer me a better deal. I asked them if my package will reamain the same and they said it is the same (but it wasn't) at a lower price. They put me on standard Vivid 200. I was furious! So I call them up again and they wouldn't take blame and said it was a fault on my router. They told me I can't go back on the 200 gamer package because it no longer exsists. I tried to make a point by saying it shouldn't been taken off when all I was calling about was my bill increase without any notice. I'm now getting download speeds of around 12-30Mbs and uploads of 11Mbs when before it changed I was always getting over 200 down and over 20 up https://www.speedtest.net/result/7883588018.png
Still unresolved and I'm paying for Vivid 200 with speeds I'd expect from a 30Mbs connection.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi XeonJa,

Really sorry to hear of this. What was the resolution to the last call/chat about the package?

Regarding the speeds, is this a wired/wireless test please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
XeonJa
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The last call a technician asked me to do some goto test like resetting the hub to the point where it made things worse as it stopped my sound system working, so I had to reset the whole thing and set it up again. He then said there is a fault on my hub and then said he'd put me through to someone who could help me with my problem and put me back on my original package. After about 10 minutes on hold I was then put through to Ashley King in complaints department. All she did was interrupt me and was extremely rude to me. She offered me vivid 350 to get the upload speeds I wanted but the speeds are not guaranteed and can only guarantee on the download speed. I agreed to then and was told I can't have it as it's not available in my area. At this point I had enough because she had no intention of putting me back to my original package and was offering my packages that I I couldn't even get.
Speeds were tested on wired connections

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for this.

What was the resolution to that last call/chat with us?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
XeonJa
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My last post was the last call I had with Virgin, nothing has been done since to resolve the issue.
Every time I have tried to call I don't get put through to anyone who will listen or can actually help, which is why I came to the forum to so if there is a resolution or if anyone has any similar situation.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi XeonJa,

Very sorry to hear you haven't got this resolved. 

Unfortunately, the gamer package is no longer available so we wouldn't be able to change you back. 

However, the speeds you are getting shouldn't be affected to that extent as you are still on 200mb package. 

What diagnostics have you gone through with the team when you have mentioned this to them?

Thanks

lindsey_C

0 Kudos