Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 years of appalling service since I joined and now significantly worse. any suggestions?

Ah. You’re one of “those” types of posters.

Well you can post some stats and logs here for us to look at and try and help, or you can send your story to the Daily Fail for a £20 gift voucher for Thomas Cook. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 years of appalling service since I joined and now significantly worse. any suggestions?

Thank you for what comes across as a patronising and faintly bullying jibe. Unnecessary, disappointing and quite irresponsible. I trust this was not what you intended.

I can assure you that I am far from one of "those" types of posters. I have had an appalling service for over two years and it has got worse at a time when we are all relying on such services and when it would be much harder to change from one provider to another. As it happens, I would certainly not be sending anything to a Daily Fail or whatever for vouchers. That seems fairly pointless.

I am interested that you directly contradict the information I was given by virgin about openreach and I am interested that you seem to take umbrage. Maybe your claim not to work for Virginmedia is not entirely honest. But there we are. I was looking for more information and to see if more people had the same experience that I have had.

Do, by all means check my profile.

If you require stats, then I am not really sure what that means. In the last 4 weeks,. since lockdown there have been 3 recorded instances of a full collapse of the system and two instances when the system has collapsed and I was unable to get through to report it. In the last two cases, the system was only down for about 12 hours, but in the former cases, it was a matter of days. My speed regularly drops from the proffered 100 mbps to around 10 or under (download) while surprisingly, the upload speed has been quite consisted at around 10 mbps. My mobile signal is often barely functional in the house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

2 years so out of contract for 12 months or you renewed a contract for another 12 months after 12 months of problems.

You not one of them, people. your another sort 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Am I to assume your speed testing is being carried out wired direct to the hub with a gigabit enabled device using a CAT5e/CAT6/CAT7 cable, and not wireless via a laptop/tablet/mobile device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

my speed testing is carried out consistently on the main computer linked directly to the router. I have no specific devices for this purpose and the only reason for testing is to check whether my computers have proper access. Whether the signal reaches my house or not or the router or not is immaterial.

I have also checked a wireless link on a laptop periodically and find similar evidence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So some stats from the hub will help. 

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser, don’t login, click the link under the login box.

Copy/paste back the network, upstream and downstream logs 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know I have not renewed any contract with Virgin nor been offered a renewal. I assume I am out of contract and that if there were a better server on offer, it would be something I would take. I am, not sure there is- esp as I was repeatedly told that the problem lay with the cabling provided by openreach. Indeed, as openreach connected the modem, it makes sense to me that their cabling was involved. For this reason, it did not seem sensible to switch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

then you are on a 30 day rolling contract. call in give 30 days notice and cancel

open reach  have nothing to do with VM. they do not use open reaches network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

cannot see how to do this without logging in with a password.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

call in to cancel you cant do it online

0 Kudos