Menu
vectronic
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2-3Mbps upload on M200 Fibre Broadband

I am continuously seeing only between 2-3Mbps upload speed. Download is fine ranging from 180-250Mbps.

I have done all the usual things:

- restarted superhub 3.0

- made sure I am running on wired direct to router

Attached details from router. Can anyone see anything wrong here. Do I need to just embark on achingly long support call to try and improve this...?

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2-3Mbps upload on M200 Fibre Broadband

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
vectronic
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Providing links to images as I can't seem to get them to display in my initial message:

fast.com result: [REMOVED]

superhub screenshot 1: https://vectronic.io/virgin_media/2.png 

superhub screenshot 2: https://vectronic.io/virgin_media/3.png 

superhub screenshot 3: https://vectronic.io/virgin_media/4.png 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
vectronic
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've had an engineer out who resolved some signal level issues. But I am still seeing terrible upload speeds (for weeks now).

Apparently there is (was?) some issue upstream from the cabinet:

US 544 dals-cmts-22-cable-mac44 upstream 4/4/* - High Utilisation

Is anyone else in Stoke Newington area seeing this? Wondering if this is just virgin failing to meet demand of everyone working from home?

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 10.54.50.pngScreenshot 2020-05-12 at 10.55.48.png

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@vectronic Your speed test images have been rejected as they contain your WAN IP address and this is against the forum rules, to protect your privacy.  Speedtest has an option to share results without your IP but Netflix doesn't seem to have a similar option (except maybe via facebook) so must not care about your privacy.

I'd also advise against linking to images like that showing your IP address on third party sites.

Images need to be approved before they are visible to everyone.  Normally they should be visible to you as the uploader, but a bug in the current forum code prevents even you seeing them until they are approved.  If you see yellow triangles in place of your images then they are fine and just awaiting approval.  If any of them are showing a red circle with a diagonal line through it then that image has been rejected.

The mention of "High Utilisation" with regard to an issue means that the segment of the network you are on is struggling with demand.  Since the lockdown a few areas are struggling with a lack of capacity, this typically results in slow speeds between 7am and midnight weekdays and all weekend but normal speeds outside of those hours.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vectronic
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@sca1972 Thanks for the heads up on the WAN address.

And so I guess the answer is... wait for covid-19 lockdown to end....?

I have always worked from home and am used to the higher upstream bandwidth - is there anything to do?

I'm paying for 200M which is advertised as 20Mbps average. I can guarantee over the last couple of months the average is more like 2-3Mbps.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The answer is wait for VM to make the changes necessary to provide more capacity or switch to a different ISP.  Although changing ISP is not easy right now as Openreach engineers are not currently allowed to enter your property.  Mobile broadband might be an option as it doesn't require anyone to enter your property.  Not sure what upload speeds are like with mobile providers these days.

How long it will take VM to improve the situation is hard to say.  When these issues occured pre crisis they took anywhere from a few weeks to a few years to resolve.

AFAIK there is no speed guarantee for upload, only download.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vectronic
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So three weeks later and still no change.

Wondering if anyone from Virgin could let me know if this issue was relevant and it has been resolved or when it will be resolved:

US 544 dals-cmts-22-cable-mac44 upstream 4/4/* - High Utilisation

This is the only thing I have to go on.

Otherwise, can anyone at Virgin tell me if there are any plans whatsoever to try and improve the upload speeds I am seeing?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi vectronic,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the broadband issues. There is a congestion issue affecting the service. F007953131 is the fault reference number. The estimated fix date is June 3rd 2020.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos