cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gig in and Dl is great but what's up with the 3.0 Downstream channels x 31 + 3.1 downstream channels x1?

bodgeup
On our wavelength

Wondered if someone would be able to explain to me to help me understand why the SH4 on 1gig combines docsis 3.0 downstream channels and docsis 3.1 downstream channels???  Surely the 3.1 channel can manage the 1gig bandwidth alone right so can't quite understand why the SH4 on 1gig still uses the 3.0 channels x 31 to be exact as well as the 1x 3.1 channel? Wouldn't it be better to drop the 31 3.0 channels and use multiple 3.1 channels???

Also are there any plans as to when VM will roll out there Docsis 3.1 upstream channels to the network as I'm desperate to get myself more than the scandalous 54meg upload on 1gig download???  BT's BT900 now outpaces VM's 1gig package now with their 104 / 114 meg upload bandwidth!!  Surely there's not that much of a problem to roll out Docsis 3.1 upstream channels if the network can now manage 3.1 downstream channels, right???   Working in the IT field myself  im desperate for broadband with faster upload bandwidth ASAP as all my work entails remote working which im sure is now a lot more abundant nowdays with more people working remotely.  54meg upload just isnt enough at all!!!

But still the 1gig downstream is a nice addition but 54meg down is scandalou lol.  If another FTTP provider ever rolls out in my area id be jumping ship VM just to get faster upload bandwidth which im sure would be the case with many many other users so please please please VM (if anyone at VM with the capacity in decision making were to read this that is?) increase our upload bandwidth on 1gig!!!

Rant other so apologies for that but on the plus side the 1gig downstream is fabulous!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Up speeds will not be upgraded by VM substantially anytime in the near future - you need another supplier if 1GB up is that important for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just spotted this... may interest you

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/10/virgin-media-o2-uk-conducts-third-2-2gbps-broadband-tr...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

bodgeup
On our wavelength

That's the article I saw before writing here lol but thanks anyway, just wondering how long it might take before general customers see d3.1 upstream? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Judging by the pace of other upgrades, it will be measured in years not months 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------