Menu
andrewglass3
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1gig customer - How do I get the new hub 5.0?

Hi Id like to get the new hub 5.0 for my 1gbps service.  The 2.5gbps ethernet port onto my home network would be really helpful - plus it has the none intel cpu.

How can I get one please? Can a virgin community mod/admin help set this up for me please? 

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gig customer - How do I get the new hub 5.0?

You wont get one until the general release sometime next year I am guessing. They are being trialled ATM mostly to non-1GB customers - for various reasons.

Could you use/buy your own wifi6 router with faster ports and wifi6 ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
conman33158
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

....also the Hub 5 don't have the phone sockets activated, so if you have Virgin phone as well you can't get it. I think it's trialled more towards Hub 3 users that don't have a phone package. I too would like one so I can benefit from having the 2.5Gbps port but it's just a waiting game at this stage my friend.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
andrewglass3
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes the 2.5gbps port and the new cpu is all I want it for - already have unifi wifi 6 aps and a UDM Pro router. Just want the max bandwidth that we pay for on the 1gb service 🙂

Corey_C
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. jbrennand is right, the Hub5 is still currently on limited trial release due for wider release in 2022, no other set date yet.

Cheers,

Corey C

andrewglass3
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

Anyway I could get added to this trial please? I work in industry (IT/Tech/Linux/DevOps/Cloud/Networks) not sure if this would be helpful to Virgin Media for troubleshooting and logging of the Hub 5??

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching back out, As part of a phased roll-out, Virgin Media will offer the Hub 5 to existing customers first at no extra cost, this window has now closed, Eligible customers were contacted and given the option of upgrading ahead of a wider launch in 2022, we will let our customers know once it is available.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos