Menu
Spud_jones87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1gig Hub4 not connecting

Hello, I have tried numerous times to update since getting the new Hub4, but keep getting under 300mb speeds (just did a reading at 36mb) and the hub disconnects from devices ALL the time. An engineer came out and said it might be a location / fault and he’d tell his manager but I’ve not heard anything back in a week. I queued for 30 mins the other day and didn’t get through, is there any way of getting someone to look at this for me without having to go through all the Diagnostic stuff for the 50th time in a week? 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gig Hub4 not connecting

How are you connecting Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

It can be difficult diagnosing problems without some basic information.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Spud_jones87
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

58015693-5A6B-40D5-B7E2-8F89FBEA9B9F.jpeg

Thanks for responding,

when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get asked for the language, then the login page has no options but to log into the modem with the password on the bottom of it.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Select your preferred language, log in then log out then try again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spud_jones87, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're not achieving the speeds you're paying for. Whilst your following the advice of the fantastic @MikeRobbo , can I ask you to expand on what the tech meant by location fault?  Do you mean the area that you're in?  I can only assume he's not referring to the location of the hub itself.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos