cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb speed down speed slow

bulldog
Dialled in

like many of late over the last few days our 1gb down speed as dropped before the dropped speed we was getting near 890-950 mbps and was ok but the last 3 days using sam knows real speed it dropped well below half. after contacting virgin and speaking to there over seas cousins who hardly speak any english came to the conclusion its is the ethernet lead is the problem after resetting the router many times etc. so i went and got a new high speed ethernet lead cat 6 cost £20 plus only to find out that the old ethernet lead was tested ok and the new one.then i was told its down to my pc considering the pc was a new build couple of months ago costing over £3000 to build to high spec and everything on the internet speed was ok on checking with sam knows we was getting down speeds of 850-940mbps in witch is ok, so hoping someone can point us in the right direction on the problem because virgin don't know or care won't send a engineer out unless you pay them considering we are pay for the top package you can get

Screenshot (16).pngScreenshot (19).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (22).pngScreenshot (23).pngScreenshot (24).pngScreenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png 

18 REPLIES 18

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If using windows try safe mode with networking, this will remove any software that might be slowing it down. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i don't think its down to software as i was getting very good speeds before the drop nothing as changed on the software side of things,

@bulldog wrote:

i don't think its down to software as i was getting very good speeds before the drop nothing as changed on the software side of things,

Could you post the upstream tab data?

Bad upload stats can cause issues with download.

I can see your upload speed to the HUB changes also, hence the above request.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 163046.pngScreenshot 2022-01-16 115400.png

Odd, the stats look ok!

bulldog
Dialled in

still slow speeds according to sam knows realspeed, to the hub looks good not sure whats going on here, up to last thursday speeds was ok no problem and nothing have changed in either settings or any software on the pc. this morning reading below

Screenshot 2022-01-17 092545.png 

Hi @bulldog

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have been having issues with your speeds recently.

I have had a look at things on our end via your forum details provided and can't see any obvious reasons as to why you would be seeing this issue.

I am going to send you a pm so I can have a look at this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

your pm been seen and sent back to you

again nothing as changed as you can see below two different speed test sites in which virgin use also you can see the upload speeds has dropped we norm get around the 45-48

Screenshot (29).pngScreenshot (30).png

yet again the problem is still there to date from 1/1/22 , 2 engineers have came out 1st one only knows about hub3 that was a waste of time. the 2nd one say's he can't find anything wrong with the speed to the hub but don't know why from the hub4 to hard wired pc that's 3ft away from the hub4. and now our v6 box is faulty and was promised a date for today 12/3/22 8-12pm but you guessed it no show.virgin is waste of time unfit for purpose services