Menu
Azza28
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1gb Ethernet wired connection slow speed,

I have just signed up for the 1gb Ethernet, the account was activated today previously was on the 300 package and when carrying out speed test was averaging up to 379 was very pleased with my old package .  Signed up got the 1gb as my contract came to an end and today my account was activated when doing speed test was averaging 440  and  Sometimes even lower when doing normal speed tests.  On Sam knows the speed to the hub is showing 1gb but to my computer is showing even less at 310.  So basically I have upgraded but in reality slowed my connection.  I have  checked the network card and it states 1.0gb card in the computer on the help desk they were not sure  and told me to monitor situation. For next few days. I have a cat 7 cable connected from router to pc.  Anybody have similar problems or able to help would be much appreciated. 

thanks

arrif 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gb Ethernet wired connection slow speed,

There have been several threads reporting this issue and it turns out to be a Windows 10 issue!

Do you have any wired devices not on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gb Ethernet wired connection slow speed,

Win10 2004 build (I have not had to messed with any of the setting mentioned in this thread since the XP days and using Speedguide.net's tool.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/HUB4-1Gig-Set-up-15mins-ago/td-p/4366097

0 Kudos