Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

1Gig service not getting above 200mbs

Engineer says there is a fault. 

Virgin tech say there isn't 

I had 200mbs service and it never went above 30mbs

Speedtest on 1gig shows it running as slow as 13mbs (on lap top over wi-fi and ethernet. Have tried both)

Party from a fire stick I'm not running heavy use items.  

Alexa in each room. Hue hub. The security and CCTV are cat 6 connected but again are not heavy use. 

I've tried everything. 

My hate for virgin customer service is at an all time high and I'm at the end of my tether. 

So I'm asking for help of anyone has any ideas. 

Before I pull out of the contract and put up with a slow BT line 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1Gig service not getting above 200mbs

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps Ethernet capable network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

20210128_120809.jpg

 cat 6 cable. About 12 foot from server 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

server???

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

London. 

0 Kudos
Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I do appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is this a direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps Ethernet capable network card?

conman33158
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you please upload your router stats

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

For Hubs 2 & 3 - DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status”

For Hub 4 - When the page appears LOG IN then click on:

Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again. You can use more than one post for each item if needed.

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here asap.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box and paste it on here

0 Kudos
Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Cat 6 cable from virgin hub direct to HP ZBook studio G3. 

Have just ordered an Anker USB C 1 gig Ethernet connection.  Not a huge amount of cash so will see if that makes any difference. 

Over wi-fi I'm getting spikes up to 220 ish mbs but drops back 10mbs and up and down. 

0 Kudos
Bootneck1664
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do later today.  

Now entering zoom Hell for a couple of hours