On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

1Gig crappy service

No ideas what is going on as per usual.

1gig, in modem modem, orbi 50 mesh.

sam knows speed testt 300ish dl 50 up

Xbox x 120ms latency.

same as last night. could this be my kit or virgin. West Midlands area.

anyhelp advice is welcome

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1Gig crappy service

Is the 300Mbs at the Hub or at the Orbi ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Politegpig66
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

at the orbi i guess. Samknows just gave me 300/50 

ookla 900/50

orbi built in test gave me 831/51

tried logging in to virgin modem and cant.

confusing myself with all this!

lol

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you test the connection with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Use the real speed test at Sam Knows.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Politegpig66
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi again, best of three after putting it back in router mode and samknows : 520dl /51up   20ms

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At Sam Knows the real speed will also give you the speed between the Hub and the device.

Politegpig66
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

right ok I see. so if I get an occasional 800Mbps plus from Sam knows I should be happy? Cause I have just run it again and I am getting 287Mbps dl. Thru all my issues the up is stable at "48/50" but that is not asking a lot i guess

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to help you diagnose the problem that you have.

0 Kudos
Politegpig66
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

oh please dont get me wrong, I am grateful for advice from experts and it is free. I appreciate the time!

just wondered if this is what has become of reliable internet.

to be fair I have been since dial up with  telewest, blueyonder broadband from 500kbps, 1Mbps etc etc. and never really missed a beat.

but this 1 gig is flaky imo

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you done a >> real speed << test at Sam Knows ?

0 Kudos