Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

1Gig Speeds

Just upgraded to 1gb yesterday, I'm connected to a Ubiquiti home network bu can't get anyone ready than 150mb, tried direct to hub and the same results, engineer told me it take a little time to settle down, have had customer services send a file to the hub but still no increase in speed, to be fair it's not any different for the the previous 200mb connection 🤯

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1Gig Speeds

Can you copy and paste the tables from the Configuration Tab in the Hub settings please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are definitely configured for the 1 Gig Service.

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, done that and just the same, Microsoft Surface laptop, I'm connected to a Ubiquiti network through a USG and managed switch, it is showing the same speeds when connected direct tot the hub, its the new Hub 4

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Time to go a bit deeper.

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears  LOG IN and click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste*** the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*** Please use copy and paste rather than screen grabs they are more legible and a hell of a lot quicker.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm on it, thank you for your help, went to modem mode and now getting 180mbs, still a long wa away from 1gb though, seen some feedback that the Ubiquiti USG could be slowing it down 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just posted this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate but happy to provide any support I can.

I've just upgraded from 500mb to 1GB. Before upgrade I could achive around 300-350Mbps

After upgrade initally I was getting 500-500Mbps. I know you leave it for a while and I started getting around 850Mbps after about a week.This then fluctuated between 565-810Mbps until the last couple of days where I am constant at around 440Mbs.

So I rung Virgin. They have told me not to use speedtest.net on Hub 4 (I dont, I use the Windows Network Speed Test - and my argument is this may not be entirely accurate but it is a constant and HAS shown higher more acceptable speeds) but to use SAM (which I whisper isnt easy as I use a 3rd party router, a Linksys WRT32 configured with OpenWRT).

Anyway they tested the line and said nothing was wrong. Well last week I was getting 800+Mbps and today I am getting around 440Mbps.

Really nothing wrong?