cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gig Service Shocking

Politegpig66
On our wavelength

have had the 1Gig nearly 12 months I believe. I think at the start I may have had 900Mbps.

However for as long as I can remember it has been half that. I put off and put off contacting Virgin as the customer service set up is very "frustrating"

Anyway picked up the courage to wait on hold, reboot hub, reboot hub etc.

They send engineer out, he cant fix it. Tells me a technician will be with me tomorrow. hahaha.

I wait and wait. no technician.

I call up and the usual script - I flatlt refuse to reboot. They said I will get a call in 2 hours. hahaha. no.

Next day I missed 3 private number calls. I call Virgin today, we were sending a technician to you yesterday but guess what - no one came (because he couldn't get me on the phone?) They dont need to ring me - Just tell me someone is coming out in the first place and I will be here.

Anyway, called today and the guy wanted me to reboot it. omg.

Paying for something I only get half of and an engineer on the ground cant fix it, but they think if I reboot it it might sort it.

Now they are offering me a wifi 5 connection or something??

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Jpeg1.

The engineer came out yesterday and said the cable from the road cabinet is needing replacing. I cant remember what tech stuff he said but it was like I have a massive drop off when it got near to my house.

So they are replacing the cable in the street up to my "T junction" or something like that.

So sounds like a positive result!

Plus I didnt have to reboot the hub at all!

That would certainly explain the signal drop on the higher frequency channels. 

Sounds like progress.  You just need to hope that they can pull a new cable without digging up the pavement, which will mean waiting for Council permission. . 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.