Menu
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

1Gig - Not getting the Full speed

HI, Since i have upgraded to the 1 Gig Speed I have been getting an average of 700. even downloads don't not seem to go above like 500. 
last week for some reason got even worse i was only downloading at 3MB on some downloads.

IbnAbu_0-1610379774849.png

IbnAbu_0-1610380796106.png

0 Kudos
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1Gig - Not getting the Full speed

i have also taken a Sam knows test. what could be causing this. PLease help

IbnAbu_0-1610380992978.png

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The WAN supply is correct,

The 80Mbs from Hub to PC is a concern.

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have 1 computer connected through ethernet and that is 1000Mbps

IbnAbu_0-1610383292996.png

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@IbnAbu wrote:

i have 1 computer connected through ethernet and that is 1000Mbps

IbnAbu_0-1610383292996.png

Can you try a different Cat 5e or better ethernet cable between the Hub and PC and test again please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OKay. i have now got a new Cat 5e ethernet cable and big improvement on samknows test. 

The only thing is i still do not get 1g on the speed tests.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

InkedCapture2_LI.jpg

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@IbnAbu wrote:

OKay. i have now got a new Cat 5e ethernet cable and big improvement on samknows test. 

Capture3.PNG

If you have any other devices connected to the Hub including Wi-Fi connected devices they will be using some of the bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@IbnAbu wrote:

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

InkedCapture2_LI.jpg

Capture3.PNG

Check task manager for CPU usage when performing speed tests.

0 Kudos
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for not closing this post guys. Been busy.

So I have been looking around and its seems to be working now. I stumbled upon a post on the Superuser forum and its seems that the line “Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level” was set to disabled.

I fixed my speeds by changing that setting from Disabled to Normal using this line in CMD:

"netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"

Now I'm getting speeds over 900. I still have no idea how that may have gotten disabled. I'm not sure if its because 1am in the morning but I shall check the speeds again when its busy tomorrow, just to confirm if its fixed.

2021-01-15_01-09-47.jpg2021-01-15_01-09-58.jpg2021-01-15_01-10-08.jpg

0 Kudos
IbnAbu
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried it with the old Ethernet cable and still getting the same speeds >900Mbps... Woooop!

So yeah its seems that the “Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level” toggle actually fixed this issue.

Thank You for the help guys.