Menu
Kaitlin1997
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1Gig Internet slow speeds

So I upgraded from the 200mb bundle to the 1gig as it was only like £15 extra per month or so, the first few weeks it was okay done me good, but recently when I'm checking my speed test I'm getting nowhere near what I was, before I was getting at speedtest.com 900+mb download, now I'm only managing to get 300 if you're lucky, I've tried resetting the box, tried moving my box around tried with and without ethernet

Every time I try to call virgin I get the robot speaking to me about go try these tips online and never actually get to speak to anyone, should I just cancel and go with another provider this has been happening for the past 2 weeks and because of my job as a carer I don't really have the time to keep chasing upon this with nobody willing to speak to me over the phone or live chat, thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1Gig Internet slow speeds

@Kaitlin1997 wrote:

... before I was getting at speedtest.com 900+mb download, now I'm only managing to get 300 if you're lucky...

Do you have more than one device on the network? I think I'm correct in saying that the only time you'll see close to a gig d/l speed is if you have just a single device connected by ethernet.

0 Kudos
Kaitlin1997
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have just one device connected, I was getting above 900mb for a very long time, until recently I would really like to get this fixed as I need it for streaming when I'm off work, I'm considering switching to giganet but don't wanna go through excess amounts of hassle with getting engineers and stuff

0 Kudos
Kaitlin1997
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Evening @Kaitlin1997

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can look into tis for you. 

Can I just ask a couple of questions, 

Do all devices drop out at the same time or is it just one? 

Does this affect all devices or just a singular device? 

Do you literally just have one device connected  ie a mobile? 

Have you tried different ethernet cables at all to see if this makes a difference? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos