cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gig / 100MBps upload. Normally 50MBps upload but now none.

crypticc
Fibre optic

Hi there

Per title I'm on 1Gig/100 package according to my plan.  But I've only got 4 Docsis 3.0 channels.

Also recently I've been getting atrocious performance... Volatile 20M download and 0.02 M upload.

Reboot fixes temporarily for a few minutes and getting the full 1G download/50M upload,   and  460M/46 M upload over wi-fi.

But then within minutes it returned to 20M download, 0.02M upload.

Been like this for a few days now and the options to register no service online seen to have disappeared from the" my service" page.

What's going on?

Thanks

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

19 REPLIES 19

Screenshot_20230716-225009.png

Hi crypticc,

Thanks for the screenshot. All of your upstream power levels are looking normal on our end, so it is certainly strange.

What speeds are you receiving over a wired connection?

Beth

Hey there.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The issue is upload speed. it is not a local issue. Samknows reports 0 to 0.5 KBps (not even MB) when there's an issue.

Here, see attachment. Note that the direct-from-router is 0, and then it recovers a little by the time it's WiFi turn.  That is coincidence, other times it could be both are 0 upload.

It took an age to upload this.

It's happening again and again and again and is becoming very frustrating.  more so because Virgin thinks they "fix" it one day and then the next it fails, and as you know they will never send an engineer when there's an open issue.

So basically myself (and my neighbours) have had unusable internet, especially in the evenings, every other day or so for two months, and Virgin won't even let me log the issue.

Chris

Untitled.png

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

Can I politely ask Virgin to please stop whatever it is that you keep doing in the evening.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @crypticc,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. Sorry to hear that this issue is impacting your upload speeds and causes disconnections in the evening! 

Have you taken a look at our Minimum Speeds page to see if this can help see what speeds you should be getting? 

Does this disconnection issue happen every evening? I've taken a look at our systems and there are no local issues impacting your services and your power levels, both upstream and downstream look good on our end. 

Is your Virgin Media Hub connected to any third party devices at all?

Please let us know so that we can look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Paulina

Thanks for replying

This upload speed of 0 to 0.5 Mb per second is well well below the minimum speeds expected.

The speed is intermittent but tends to be in the evening.  Typically the Thursday Friday or during the weekends.

Ping stats on previous posts but also see last Friday and yesterday below.

Note lots of red which means dropped packets.

crypticc_0-1690130944938.png

And Saturday where basically no reception most of the day.

crypticc_1-1690130968378.png

Hub is connected to ps5 and NAS drive over cable, plus the usual electrical stuff over wi-fi. But I don't think that would affect anything because the samknows test proves the issue is with Hub or your Virgin WAN connection/Street cabling

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @crypticc,

I'm sorry to see that! Can you tell us if you've tried to reset your broadband Hub at all and if this helped resolve the issue at all?

Was the previous wired speed test done when connected to a laptop or a PC at all?

Please let us know so that we can assist further.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

This issue was not a hub reset issue, but instead was issue with my hub 4 I think.

I got an engineer out, who replaced with hub 5.

Docsis 3.1 connected, 100 MB upload, and now fixed.

Thank you

Chris 

Good morning, Chris.

Thanks for coming back to the thread and updating us with what the fix was. We're delighted to hear it's fixed 🙂

Please do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill