Menu
Davejturner
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1GIG not getting it

Recently upgraded to 1GIG from M350  however despite Cat6 1200mb hard wired cable connection I am not getting anything over 650MB.

I have reset hub 4.0 and run diagnostics but still only 650mb

VIRGIN  told me my road would get upto 1157MB so I should be getting my full allowance.

Any suggestions ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1GIG not getting it

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Davejturner
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are other things connected. Like TV , Xbox both hard wired and phones / smart TV's and another Xbox via wifi..  but my neighbour has same thing and has same things connected plus a gaming PC and Alexa devices etc . But is getting 1150MB doenload on his Xbox even with all the othet things connected. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With respect, you need to test as requested. It is the only proof of speed that VM will accept.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Avalon-One
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So your neighbour is claiming they get greater than gigabit speeds on a router that only has gigabit LAN ports and a device that only has a gigabit LAN presumably from live servers that are being hammered over the last few days? In diplomatic terms, that seems quite unlikely. The only way at present to get that level of utilisation is using multiple devices, that won't change till VM release a hub that supports NBASE-T and even then an Xbox will still be limited to gigabit.

0 Kudos
Davejturner
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IMG-20201222-WA0018.jpg

 from his Xbox..  testing network speed and statistics, even while he has gaming PC, tivo box, tablet, phone and netflix from smart tv all sharing the same connection

0 Kudos