Menu
leatherpantslad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1GB Rollout

So,

Let me ask the million-dollar question and sorry if it has been asked elsewhere, but does anyone know if there is a rollout schedule that's viewable to the public?

I live in the Watford, Hertfordshire area and am jealous of the areas that already have it. You search the internet to see if there is a rough rollout schedule to look at but it is on technical websites that make absolutely no sense to a layman. 

Again, I can only apologise if this question is asked elsewhere but I want to make this opportunity count as I have just been woke up as I fell asleep on the kitchen chair. How rock and roll. 

Jamie
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1GB Rollout

Hello

I am afraid that there is no public rollout plan for the 1Gb service, VM do not publish it as if they did it would allow other ISPs to beat them too it. Hence it it is classed as company sensitive information.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
leatherpantslad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Mike but, being realistic, I find it highly unlikely that the competitor has gonna have the edge when, on the grand scheme of things, Virgin has the fastest internet speeds, bar none with no realistic chance of the closest competitor being even slightly close. I remember in around 2009 getting the Virgin Media E-mails about getting ready for 50mb being rolled out, roll forward a decade, all of the competitors have nothing on Virgin when it comes to speed so competition-wise and based on previous market strategy, this is not Virgin M.O. 

Jamie
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hyperoptic? Gigaclear? City Fibre?

Even BT and Vodafone are launching gigabit fibre across the UK as we speak. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Watford was announced as one of Openreach's  FTTP  roll out areas last November, so depending on where the OP lives and the speed at which they convert to FTTP, they should soon be able to access gigabit speeds from any Openreach provider who offers those speed tiers.  So potentially they could have gigabit speeds from a supplier that doesn't offer appalling low quality offshore customer service...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos