VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only wired to the Hub.
What speed do you get wired directly to the Hub, with a Cat 6a cable and a gigabit capable device using www.samknows.com/realspeed ?
You could also try splitting the SSID as below and manually choosing the 5Ghz channel on your wifi device.
• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks