Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

100mbps connection now peaking at 1.2mbps?

So as of Monday this week I've been forced to work at home, like a lot of other people - but this is being made incredibly difficult (often impossible) thanks to my internet speed suddenly nose-diving into the floor.

Current set up is the SuperHub 1, connected via ethernet cable to my PC, paying for a 100mbps connection - and I'm getting a max of 1.2, and an average of about 0.7.... Whilst I understand that this Covid19 pandemic is putting more strain on the net, losing about 99% of my speed is utterly ridiculous.

What's more frustrating is I've been through everything Virgin has suggested to me online, which has made no difference, and I can't get through to talk to anyone (I was even left waiting a full 2 hours before giving up the other day).

What do people of the forums? Am I going to be left in limbo for the next 3 months, unable to run my business?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mbps connection now peaking at 1.2mbps?

Ok so first thing is to ask for the hub 3; you have the hub 1 which is b barely supported. Virgin have said their network can cope with the added stress although I don't think that is entirely true. Ring virign up and ask for the hub 3; the best time to call is early morning around 8 when they open, I did this and got connected straight away. Virgin Media has now closed all their international call centres so waiting time is around 1 hour on average the best way to get connected quick is ring early as soon as they open.

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ian this something they can send me free of charge or is it something I’ll have to fork out for? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can apply online. Check >> HERE <<

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Issue is - I need to ring them to order it apparently... and I’ve been on hold since 9am so far

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need to persevere.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@GoodStegosaurus Have you tried rebooting the SH1?  There is a known issue with that hub where a buffer fills up and the only way to clear it is a reboot.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t tried that. How do you do it? 

Thanks 

*EDIT* Just seen it’s the reset button for 30 secs I believe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't suggesting a full factory reset, just switching it off and on again clears the buffer fault.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah in that case, yes I’ve done that about 7 times since Monday