Menu
Charlyg1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

100m speed dropped to 1-2!

Hi 

Have gone through the suggested process online to no avail. I am trying to work from home so this is really frustrating and can’t get through to the call centre. I have a Hub 3 and have a solid white light but a flashing green internet light. 

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100m speed dropped to 1-2!

Hi Charlyg1,

Welcome to our community 🙂 I'm sorry to hear your have dropped so low lately, that's definitely not what we want to see.

I've run some tests to your hub and the equipment our end, and I don't see anything our end to explain the slow speeds.

I just want to check, are all your devices getting the same speeds fo 1-2 Mbps, or is it a particular device? It's possible there could be interference on the wifi side of things, could you try a wired testing a device on a wired connection to help understand the problem better please? If the speeds are OK wired but still slow wireless, there are a number of things you can try with our 'How do I improve my WiFi speed?' article. Just click 'No' on the first option and you'll be able to select the scenario you're currently experiencing (white power light & green wifi light).

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Charlyg1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply 

in the meantime I managed to get hold of someone at Virgin and have been sent a new hub which seems to be working now. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlyg1,

Thank you for the update, really glad to hear the new router has done the job, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos